Need an adhesive, foam or flexible material cut to a specific width? Our many slitting and spooling capabilities cover a wide variety of needs and applications.
Lathe & Rewind Slitting
Why lathe slitting?
How does lathe slitting work?
- Select a bulk roll of the chosen adhesive material (also called a log)
- Spin the roll at a high speed
- A blade slices the roll into the needed widths
What is spooling and when would you use it?
- Unwind the custom rolls of tape.
- Splice the pieces together.
- Wind the connected pieces of adhesive back into one single roll.
What is rewind slitting?
- The master roll is unwound in preparation of cutting.
- A series of blades slices the roll into strips to the desired width.
- The strips are then wound onto a core. These are sometimes called “mults,” as in multiples.
Why rewind slitting?
- Simultaneous cuts allow fast turnaround
- Reduces material waste
- Versatile, works with many types of flexible materials in addition to adhesive
- Minimum width: 1/16”
- Maximum width: 60”
What is rotary precision slitting?
- Position sheet material on the cutting table
- Mold slide plates guide the cutting devices
- Cutting device slices the sheet into preset lengths and widths
Why Rotary precision slitting?
- Ideal for narrow widths
- Well-suited for lightweight materials (such as foil and liner)
- Ideal for short-run projects
What is bologna slitting?
- Cuts are made directly into the master roll with a spinning blade.
- No unwinding or winding is required.
- Laser guided cuts bring a new level of precision to the process.
Why bologna slitting
- Ideal for projects where different widths are required from the same material
- Shorter production time enhances efficiency and reduces cost
- Best suited for projects with a smaller run
Which materials does ABLE use for precision slitting?
Film & Liner
Why is a 3M™ preferred partnership beneficial?
ABLE’s preferred partnership with 3M™ gives us access to the best materials on the market that you can custom cut into the size and shape you need for your project.
- Priority supply
- Access to technical information
- Ability to confer with company tech reps
- Competitive pricing
- Materials sourced direct from manufacturer