ABLE’s laminating capabilities seamlessly join the materials you need to create the perfect part for your product.
- Create fastener-free parts that lend your product that streamlined and modern appearance.
- Provides functionality, such as protection, strength and security.
The most common type of laminating is joining a substrate, as a film, foam, rubber or foil, to a
pressure-sensitive adhesive. Once we bring together the materials for your custom converted part through our laminating services, ABLE can convert the material further into the specific shape or width, through our die cutting and slitting capabilities.
- Better functionality of your overall product
- Enhance the qualities of your product, such as strength and appearance
- Solve design problems when standard, off-the-shelf products don’t have what you need (e.g., thickness)
Laminating dissimilar materials
Laminating dissimilar materials requires an extensive technical knowledge of the adhesives that are available on the market. That’s where ABLE’s expertise can guide you to the best options, thanks to our technical capabilities we’ve gained through the 3M™ Preferred Converter Network.
- Surface and adhesive chemistries
- Adhesive strength
- Environmental conditions
ABLE’s laminating capabilities
Let ABLE be a key part of your product creation. When you need adhesive coverage in specific zones, laminating becomes more complex. ABLE’s capabilities take your custom part a step further with island placement and zone adhesive coverage. In addition to finding the right process for your product, ABLE can help with material selection when it’s time for laminating services.
Island placement services
- Precision placement on the material web
- Reduce error and waste
Zone adhesive coverage
- Die cut the adhesive to the shape and apply it to the substrate.
- Custom cut the adhesive on the web surface, and pull it from the zones where adhesive isn’t needed.