ABLE Converting: Making the Medical Market Better with Rogers and 3M
ABLE’s preferred partnerships allow us to offer better solutions for our clients and customers. Not only do we get first pick on new products and priority shipping, but we also have direct access to their engineering and technical support staff, allowing us to better assist our customers.
Addressing the needs of the medical industry is no easy task, as converting the products in this market entails experience and a breadth of knowledge on the requirements.. This is especially true since advancements in the industry never cease and continue to develop . We work with our customers to help provide the best solutions and convert products for the global healthcare industry.
With the help of our partners, such as 3M and Rogers Corporation, we can provide our customers with solutions and assistance in creating the medical devices they need.
Here’s a brief look at the solutions 3M and Rogers Corporation provide to the medical device industry.
3M Health Care: Improving Lives Through Innovation
3M believes nothing is more important than good health. Everything is done to improve lives: from connecting with patients to designing medical devices and testing food safety.
3M Health Care uses the power of 3M Science to create meaningful solutions that can better help the global healthcare industry. The company serves the following healthcare segments:
- Medical Solutions – medical products, solutions, and expertise that help to reduce the risk of complications and improve patient outcomes.
- Oral Care – Innovative orthodontic and dental solutions that help to simplify procedures and assist patients toward lifelong oral health.
- Health Information Systems – Software and services that help to deliver accurate health information and payment.
- Food Safety – Food safety testing solutions that ensure the delivery of food and beverages that are safe and fresh, which in turn, protects both the customers and the business.
- Biopharmaceuticals – Purification solutions that help to lower manufacturing costs and increase speed in clinicals.
- Medical Device Components – Device components, films, and members that enable breakthrough innovations in the global medical industry.
While 3M is primarily known for its medical tapes, they also offer a variety of other products including:
- Impression Materials & Equipment
- Finishing Equipment
- Bonding Agents
- Defibrillation Pads
- Cables and Wires
- Securement Dressings & Devices
- Health Information Systems
3M also features a variety of brands that all focus on healthcare, such as:
- 3M™ Bair Hugger™
- 3M™ Littmann®
- 3M™ Tegaderm™
- 3M™ Attest
- 3M™ Avagard™
- 3M™ Cavilon™
- 3M™ Prevena™
- 3M™ Prevena Restor™
- 3M™ V.A.C.®
- 3M™ 360 Encompass™
- 3M™ Clarity™
- 3M™ Petrifilm™
A full list of 3M’s healthcare products and brands can be found on their official website.
Rogers Corporation: Innovating Materials to Meet Industry Demands
Rogers Corporation allows customers to achieve high-quality patient care through applications that include medical instruments, supply transport, wound care, and patient cushioning. Apart from that, the company works tirelessly to further develop their materials to meet the medical industry’s ever-changing demands.
Rogers’ engineers work hand-in-hand with designers to create products that enable high-quality patient care with improved reliability. This ranges from better sealing for medical devices, laser diode cooling, and orthopedics, among others. Rogers’ products are used in the following sectors of the medical market:
- Medical Cushioning & Wound Dressing – Wounds heal much faster if the wound dressings and medical cushioning hinder infection, retain shape, and absorb impact. Rogers creates Patient Cushioning, Wound Dressing, and Orthopaedic, Orthotic and Prosthetic Cushioning.
- Cold Supply Chain – The company offers a wide range of materials that protect and preserve sensitive materials or products at a multitude of temperature levels.
- Gasketing and Sealing – Helps medical devices protect their components, prevent failures, and remove unnecessary maintenance. It’s also made to withstand the effects of compression, seal out any unwanted matter, and manage damage impact energy.
- Venting – Reduces heat and protects against environmental elements. This also optimizes the balance between water entry pressure and airflow, which are needed to protect enclosures.
Rogers Corporation has several product lines aimed toward the medical market, including:
- BISCO® Silicones – The world leader in silicone foams that are used in gasketing and sealing.
- DeWAL® Products – High-performance polymer films, UHMW tape, and pressure-sensitive PTFE.
- Curamik® Cooling Solutions – Advanced liquid cooling solutions that are powered by Curamik®, a state-of-the-art bonding process.
- PORON® Medical Polyurethanes – Products engineered for use in orthopedic, prosthetic, and other biomechanical applications. These are medium-density and microcellular foam materials.
You can find further information on material solutions for the medical industry on the official website of Rogers Corporation. The website also includes more information and details on their products and the specifics of each application.
As a preferred converter for Rogers Corporation and 3M, we can provide our customers with the solutions they need in their medical applications. We will work with you and discuss design solutions and product recommendations that will work best and deliver the best results.
Want to know more? Talk to us today, and we’ll be glad to discuss more of what we can offer to you.
You can also drop by ABLE’s booth at the MD&M West Trade Show from February 7 to 9, 2023, at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA. Our booth is #3091 and can be found at Exhibit Halls D. We look forward to seeing you there, where we can discuss any queries that you might have about our services.